Label Cloud

#1000 a new destiny A Training We Will Go About Me about.me Africa Alaska AmitD Baby John Foundation bandicoot Bare Minimum beach Beginner-Chef Bengaluru bike bitter gourd bitter melon bitter squash blizzardofoz blog blossom BunnyB Cats Central America Chathurthi Chennai Civilization composting connections Content Writer content writing cookery cover shot culture curry leaf Daya Death dj dogs dreamy-dreams Dubai eco-friendly ecology Eichhornia crassipes email forward English? environs Eudaimonia Europe Chicago existence extinction Facebook Fiction flora flower food foto-RK freswater fruit fruit tree Funny Business? future-simple Ganesha garden garden gardening gardening gargantuan Google+ grammatically correct guilt health holidays/festivals hopelessly romantic human condition Hyderabad identity idol India Indonesian insect int-Ro-spec-shun interesting? Internet Service Italian ival Jagannath Temple Gate JamminGlobal Jay Kannaiyan John Paul Aguiar Kanyakumari karavella karela Kenya Kerala Kodaikanal Kovalam laddu Lake Nakuru lakes large Lesser bandicoot rat Life life story lily longevity macabre Mahabalipuram Mahe Masai Mara Mentor message Mexico milestone Miscellanea mission mogs Momordica charantia Mountain Lodge movie movie reference mushroom music mutation Nairobi NaNoWriMo National Novel Writing Month nature news-related O1M online online presence Ooty Oroku Saki our world Oxyopes bimanous party pest photography Phuentsholing pink Place of worship Poetry point-and-shoot pomegranate Practice Write profile profile pic Purpose railway station Rain Lily recipe recycling relationships religion/faith RK rodent sapling search engine optimization SEO short story sign social media South America spider Sri Vilas sump Sun-Mar teaching Thalassery The Dark Side The End The Muskoka Foundation Thirupathi Thiruvananthapuram Tirupati Balaji touristy travel Tribute Trivandrum Airport Incident twisted past Twitter vegetable Vinayaka Visarjan Visual Tonality Photography waste water hyacinth water purification water treatment web content World Writing yellow Zodiac

Monday, August 22, 2005

"I'm so hot I'm burning up all over"

A line from a movie called Drugstore Cowboy. Never watched the movie. It was part of the trailer. Starring Matt Dillon I think. Anyway, apart from the line, which, I guess, is supposed to sound cool...I've been feeling terrible today. Feeling feverish...my head throbs like the wicked bassline at some outrageous party...and, I'm still at work. Alright, so I did come in a bit late, but as the day went on so did the number of things to do. Funny how you get tasks assigned to you and you don't really know what the hell is going on. Bottomline, however, is that you get shit done. Hahaha. So, I don't know what's happening, but it is.

In fact, it's funny, but again today I realized the medicinal properties of laughter. There I was huddled over my computer punching in information in an ever-so-deliberate manner, when a client walked in and was introduced to us all. Quite a cool person, and it seems like she's had a very interesting life, in terms of the experiences. However, as opposed to other clients who I've seen, this was the first person to come in and say hello, and then proceed to tell tons of jokes and stuff. Pretty funny stuff, and after it I was feeling a little refreshed. Now, a couple of hours after the client's departure, I'm back to my huddled, speaking-in-whispers self. Head's still got some kind of beat going...again, however, it's not something that I can jam to. No source of laughter now. And I'm not in a position to make myself laugh. Why? Because self-laughing usually begins as a huge random smile in public followed by, possibly, a chuckle. Chuckling now would just make my head hurt even more. It's like a box with stuff in it, and the stuff is loosely packed so that it moves around. The more you shake it, the louder the noise...sometimes it feels like there's a crazy cowbell in your head. Ouch!

So, here's to not self-igniting tonight. Wish me luck. And I hope to see you guys tomorrow. You know how it is. There are times when you feel like you can feel your life slipping away, and you're almost afraid to close your eyes. Not that bad...yet. At the moment though, I'd really like a sledgehammer to clear my mind a little...or splatter it all across my desk. Brain fry anyone?

Sorry, before I go...Has anyone seen Albino Alligator?
Post a Comment