Label Cloud

#1000 a new destiny A Training We Will Go About Me about.me Africa Alaska AmitD Baby John Foundation bandicoot Bare Minimum beach Beginner-Chef Bengaluru bike bitter gourd bitter melon bitter squash blizzardofoz blog blossom BunnyB Cats Central America Chathurthi Chennai Civilization composting connections Content Writer content writing cookery cover shot culture curry leaf Daya Death dj dogs dreamy-dreams Dubai eco-friendly ecology Eichhornia crassipes email forward English? environs Eudaimonia Europe Chicago existence extinction Facebook Fiction flora flower food foto-RK freswater fruit fruit tree Funny Business? future-simple Ganesha garden garden gardening gardening gargantuan Google+ grammatically correct guilt health holidays/festivals hopelessly romantic human condition Hyderabad identity idol India Indonesian insect int-Ro-spec-shun interesting? Internet Service Italian ival Jagannath Temple Gate JamminGlobal Jay Kannaiyan John Paul Aguiar Kanyakumari karavella karela Kenya Kerala Kodaikanal Kovalam laddu Lake Nakuru lakes large Lesser bandicoot rat Life life story lily longevity macabre Mahabalipuram Mahe Masai Mara Mentor message Mexico milestone Miscellanea mission mogs Momordica charantia Mountain Lodge movie movie reference mushroom music mutation Nairobi NaNoWriMo National Novel Writing Month nature news-related O1M online online presence Ooty Oroku Saki our world Oxyopes bimanous party pest photography Phuentsholing pink Place of worship Poetry point-and-shoot pomegranate Practice Write profile profile pic Purpose railway station Rain Lily recipe recycling relationships religion/faith RK rodent sapling search engine optimization SEO short story sign social media South America spider Sri Vilas sump Sun-Mar teaching Thalassery The Dark Side The End The Muskoka Foundation Thirupathi Thiruvananthapuram Tirupati Balaji touristy travel Tribute Trivandrum Airport Incident twisted past Twitter vegetable Vinayaka Visarjan Visual Tonality Photography waste water hyacinth water purification water treatment web content World Writing yellow Zodiac

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

The Morning After

The clouds rolled in. They did the same thing yesterday. I watched move slowly along, until one of the ones in front seemed to hit something. That caused a traffic jam of sorts, and then a lot of other clouds fell victim to the trap. The constant complaining of the denizens of the sky came down in little droplets. I gazed no further. As I reached the shelter of my humble abode I saw that there was another person laying on the ground outside. He was in need of help, but as I offered him my hand he refused to accept it.

I looked into his eyes. He was not scared. He was not even in pain. He just wasn't able to move forward try as hard as he might. But, he didn't want to let anyone help him out. I looked around me and we were the only two on the street. He attempted to move forward again, but soon gave up with a heaving sigh. Then, he looked up at me. I was still with him. I guess I had resolved to helping out this man and that's why I found myself standing next to him. It was a long hard look. It was as if he was trying to say that he was upset with him for not knowing what he wanted at that moment. I began questioning myself. What was I doing here? Would I have even walked up to him to offer him help if it wasn't raining? How exactly did I want to help him? What was I hoping to achieve.

In an instant he stopped looking at me and looked forward. I looked in the direction that he was gazing in, looked back at him, looked up at the rain coming down, and then stepped back. He didn't turn to look at me. He kept looking forward. And that's where I left him. For the longest time I tried to make sense of this...but then I realized. It's a lesson that keeps coming back to me. There are always reasons for things. You just may not know at a particular moment, that's all.

-Not a true story...please.
Post a Comment