Label Cloud

#1000 a new destiny A Training We Will Go About Me about.me Africa Alaska AmitD Baby John Foundation bandicoot Bare Minimum beach Beginner-Chef Bengaluru bike bitter gourd bitter melon bitter squash blizzardofoz blog blossom BunnyB Cats Central America Chathurthi Chennai Civilization composting connections Content Writer content writing cookery cover shot culture curry leaf Daya Death dj dogs dreamy-dreams Dubai eco-friendly ecology Eichhornia crassipes email forward English? environs Eudaimonia Europe Chicago existence extinction Facebook Fiction flora flower food foto-RK freswater fruit fruit tree Funny Business? future-simple Ganesha garden garden gardening gardening gargantuan Google+ grammatically correct guilt health holidays/festivals hopelessly romantic human condition Hyderabad identity idol India Indonesian insect int-Ro-spec-shun interesting? Internet Service Italian ival Jagannath Temple Gate JamminGlobal Jay Kannaiyan John Paul Aguiar Kanyakumari karavella karela Kenya Kerala Kodaikanal Kovalam laddu Lake Nakuru lakes large Lesser bandicoot rat Life life story lily longevity macabre Mahabalipuram Mahe Masai Mara Mentor message Mexico milestone Miscellanea mission mogs Momordica charantia Mountain Lodge movie movie reference mushroom music mutation Nairobi NaNoWriMo National Novel Writing Month nature news-related O1M online online presence Ooty our world Oxyopes bimanous party pest photography Phuentsholing pink Place of worship Poetry point-and-shoot pomegranate Practice Write profile profile pic Purpose railway station Rain Lily recipe recycling relationships religion/faith RK rodent sapling search engine optimization SEO short story sign social media South America spider Sri Vilas sump Sun-Mar teaching Thalassery The Dark Side The End The Muskoka Foundation Thirupathi Thiruvananthapuram Tirupati Balaji touristy travel Tribute Trivandrum Airport Incident twisted past Twitter vegetable Vinayaka Visarjan Visual Tonality Photography waste water hyacinth water purification water treatment web content World Writing yellow Zodiac

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Don't know what to call this one...

Hey guys. So, what's been going on? It's been a couple of days, and I must say that the poetry by Josh and 'anonymous' was really awesome! Well, it's the weekend, and I saw that I had some free time, at work, so I thought I'd use this opportunity to post a little bit more of the whole 'years ago' thing. This time around, I'm going to post them in reverse chronological order. The second one was written when I had just left school, maybe a week or so after...and the first one was written during my first year in Hawaii...wait...no, that's right. I was crazy about this person, and, well, I'm not sure if I still am. Confused? Welcome to my world.

1)
I must apologize for I have,
Limited myself to a lesser love.
When a greater love exists in this world
I have stopped short of complete realization.

I guess that my intense sadness,
Is born of the intense love that I have for you.

But as much as I strive to create something,
The more I realize that I'm not the one to create it with you.

This love I feel is pure and life-giving.
Yet I taint it with my foolish ideas.
Our love is not of thie pathetic world
But of a time gone by; the Age of Love.

The Age of Love came before the Age of Man.
The Age of Man is the Age of fallen glory.
The Age ofLove was a time of angels
And we were there; and we danced many nights away.
And I know this because? Because...
We've never truly forgotten each other.
So too in this life, I cannot forget you.

Forgive me dear friend for I have been a fool.
This life has not been a good one for me.
I've not realized my true nature and purpose.
Let me not hold you back; please go on.

I have always known you,
And I await our next meeting.
Please don't remember this error of mine.
I would sooner die than lose you.

But I have spoken of my limited love,
Love laden with base primal urges.
Let us realize a greater love as friends.
As two souls who come together and create one love.

True love will overcome all things
And I am always with you.

2)
In life, and to those around us,
She is the day, and I am the night.
Yet, in reality, we are one;
Our past lives matter not.
But where we are now...
I know I never want to leave.
She's like a book sometimes,
Other times she is terribly unpredictable.
But I love her all the same.
Yet, as much as I want to be with her,
I know that I always hurt her.
I can't get by without her,
But when I'm with her, she cries.
And therefore, I have concluded
That she will be better off
With me way out of the picture.
So, on this solemn note,
I bid a great person a sad farewell.


Hmm...and going over it again, I find that I did make a serious effort to 'forget'...but years later, well, that doesn't seem to have worked. And that's a good thing!

Wait, I have a quick question for the audience/public. We all think of people, and especially past relationships, or the people we've shared special moments with... But I find I haven't had any thought's that involved us getting 'buck naked' or 'buck wild'. No. On the contrary, all my thoughts about this person have been very pure. No sexual innuendo...or anything along those lines. Does that mean anything? I mean, there are those that you think about and you can't get by thinking of all the things you'd like to do to the person with several items you can find in your kitchen...like whipped cream and chocolate sauce. Hahaha. So, does not associating those 'ingredients' with a particular person mean that you really 'love' them? Sorry, the question needed some background. Well, does it?
Post a Comment