Label Cloud

#1000 a new destiny A Training We Will Go About Me about.me Africa Alaska AmitD Baby John Foundation bandicoot Bare Minimum beach Beginner-Chef Bengaluru bike bitter gourd bitter melon bitter squash blizzardofoz blog blossom BunnyB Cats Central America Chathurthi Chennai Civilization composting connections Content Writer content writing cookery cover shot culture curry leaf Daya Death dj dogs dreamy-dreams Dubai eco-friendly ecology Eichhornia crassipes email forward English? environs Eudaimonia Europe Chicago existence extinction Facebook Fiction flora flower food foto-RK freswater fruit fruit tree Funny Business? future-simple Ganesha garden garden gardening gardening gargantuan Google+ grammatically correct guilt health holidays/festivals hopelessly romantic human condition Hyderabad identity idol India Indonesian insect int-Ro-spec-shun interesting? Internet Service Italian ival Jagannath Temple Gate JamminGlobal Jay Kannaiyan John Paul Aguiar Kanyakumari karavella karela Kenya Kerala Kodaikanal Kovalam laddu Lake Nakuru lakes large Lesser bandicoot rat Life life story lily longevity macabre Mahabalipuram Mahe Masai Mara Mentor message Mexico milestone Miscellanea mission mogs Momordica charantia Mountain Lodge movie movie reference mushroom music mutation Nairobi NaNoWriMo National Novel Writing Month nature news-related O1M online online presence Ooty Oroku Saki our world Oxyopes bimanous party pest photography Phuentsholing pink Place of worship Poetry point-and-shoot pomegranate Practice Write profile profile pic Purpose railway station Rain Lily recipe recycling relationships religion/faith RK rodent sapling search engine optimization SEO short story sign social media South America spider Sri Vilas sump Sun-Mar teaching Thalassery The Dark Side The End The Muskoka Foundation Thirupathi Thiruvananthapuram Tirupati Balaji touristy travel Tribute Trivandrum Airport Incident twisted past Twitter vegetable Vinayaka Visarjan Visual Tonality Photography waste water hyacinth water purification water treatment web content World Writing yellow Zodiac

Monday, November 21, 2005

Past Psychotic Episodes...what?

I think this is going to be the last installment of old stuff...that I'd written. Quite frankly, I think I've reminisced enough about how I was at that time without paying due attention to who I am today, and what all of this has made me. I think that's been my biggest problem thus far. Well, what began as an attempt to share some of the things from way back will now conclude as a sort of 'what now' post. Among other things, I guess this writing is very evident of the fact that I wasn't a frequent visitor to my English HL class. Hahaha. No worries. I'd like to thank Robert Granner and Kamakshi for making IB English as fun as it was.

1)
When times are bad, they say,
"Take it easy, things will come around."
When the world smiles, they say,
"See, I told you so."
What they don't tell you is
That life is a vicious cycle.

2)
Imagine two points, on opposite ends of a cirlce.
From one to the other, and back again

3)
In this way, life haunts children
Who, like flowers in the desert, bloom
To face an unquenchable thirst
Of fairies' blood and nymph's legs.
The lust of power, and the smell of fame
And we all partake in the devil's game.

4)
Like a spirit in limbo
A child's dreams wander.
Knowing no bounds, and nothing to hinder.
Like serpents over golden sands doth move,
Splendid black lines under two suns.
To eternity and the unholy beyond.

5)
And to the sun.
May it never set on my days
So cold, so sweet.
It's rays are like myrrh
That enbalm me in rapturous fragrance.
It's days are like darkness,
In which blindess is a virtue.
It is a fair maiden,
Making love to her siren song.

And to the moon.
May it be damned forever
So white, so hot.
It's nights are like hell's fire
That consume life in an instant.
It's creatures are minions of evil
That feed on rotting, diseased corpses.
In it's wake, there is destruction and death
And hope is the headless horseman.

6)
Thine hand striketh the forbidden bell.
For whom it doth toll
No man alive canst tell.

Thine feet treadeth the soft earth.
Impressions which lasteth a life.
On yonder beach; strife and less worth.

Thou art the bane of my existence.
Light cometh from thy pure face.
And heaven be thy place of residence.

Hell is my humble abode,
And I, its most God-fearing citizen.
This world is my facade,
And I, its most ungrateful citizen.
If they will be done.
Then thy war be won.

Well, now that I've come this far, I'm going to save the last one for a separate post...right after this...or before this, if you will. As for what's in this one? Well, I think some of it sounds really similar, and I think this is a result of the whole woe-is-me life that I've lead, and was leading at that point in time. Hmm...you live, you learn, eh? Well, we sure hope so!
Post a Comment