Label Cloud

#1000 a new destiny A Training We Will Go About Me about.me Africa Alaska AmitD Baby John Foundation bandicoot Bare Minimum beach Beginner-Chef Bengaluru bike bitter gourd bitter melon bitter squash blizzardofoz blog blossom BunnyB Cats Central America Chathurthi Chennai Civilization composting connections Content Writer content writing cookery cover shot culture curry leaf Daya Death dj dogs dreamy-dreams Dubai eco-friendly ecology Eichhornia crassipes email forward English? environs Eudaimonia Europe Chicago existence extinction Facebook Fiction flora flower food foto-RK freswater fruit fruit tree Funny Business? future-simple Ganesha garden garden gardening gardening gargantuan Google+ grammatically correct guilt health holidays/festivals hopelessly romantic human condition Hyderabad identity idol India Indonesian insect int-Ro-spec-shun interesting? Internet Service Italian ival Jagannath Temple Gate JamminGlobal Jay Kannaiyan John Paul Aguiar Kanyakumari karavella karela Kenya Kerala Kodaikanal Kovalam laddu Lake Nakuru lakes large Lesser bandicoot rat Life life story lily longevity macabre Mahabalipuram Mahe Masai Mara Mentor message Mexico milestone Miscellanea mission mogs Momordica charantia Mountain Lodge movie movie reference mushroom music mutation Nairobi NaNoWriMo National Novel Writing Month nature news-related O1M online online presence Ooty our world Oxyopes bimanous party pest photography Phuentsholing pink Place of worship Poetry point-and-shoot pomegranate Practice Write profile profile pic Purpose railway station Rain Lily recipe recycling relationships religion/faith RK rodent sapling search engine optimization SEO short story sign social media South America spider Sri Vilas sump Sun-Mar teaching Thalassery The Dark Side The End The Muskoka Foundation Thirupathi Thiruvananthapuram Tirupati Balaji touristy travel Tribute Trivandrum Airport Incident twisted past Twitter vegetable Vinayaka Visarjan Visual Tonality Photography waste water hyacinth water purification water treatment web content World Writing yellow Zodiac

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Here's what I'm good at...

Or maybe the title of this post should read "Here's what I'm good for...nothing!" He he he. No no, no sudden bout of 'depression' or anything. But plenty of frustration to go around, that's for sure.

Moving right along, and because after the 15th of January I will have left my current employer, having served out my one month notice period, I have been 'looking' around. The first places that I went to were Naukri.com, and Monster.com. Then, it came to sending out my resume to individual employers that I came across in the newspaper or online. Well, since I've just started doing that this week, so far, not so good. But I'm ever the hopeful Malayalee, and I know that something will happen as long as I keep up my effort. How's that for wishing myself luck...hahaha.

While on one of these sites, Monster I think, I came across the now infamous "Tickle" tests. Not my first time trying one of them, but I happened to glance at the "What's Your True Talent?: What Are You Really Good At?" test. Intrigued, as I usually tend to be, and because I haven't been sleeping soundly and have been spending way too much time at work attending to inane tasks that have to be completed before my departure, I thought, "What the hell? Let me see what these people think I'm good at." And four pages of questions later here are the results.

-------------------------------------------
Rohin, your true talent is mechanical ability.

You're curious about how things work and enjoy tinkering with machines. People like you can be both self-sufficient and a great help to others. You are much better than most people at fixing things — whether it's changing a flat tire or tightening a leaky faucet.


How do we know that's your true talent? While you were taking the test, we calculated your responses to each test question and rated your skills in 5 areas. You scored highest on mechanical ability.

No matter what kind of career you choose, you'll enjoy it most if it involves working with your hands or seeing the tangible results of your efforts.
-------------------------------------------

The last paragraph, not included here, was about how there was much more information in the True Talent Report that I had to purchase. Hmm... But that's pretty interesting that someone can ask you seemingly random questions and then tell you things about yourself. It's almost like seeing an astrologer, or one of those dudes who sits by the side of the road and will read your palm...or even those guys with parrots that pick out cards to predict your future. I guess in that last case you should get the parrot's address...you know, just in case things don't go according to plan. But yeah, that's what it had to say, and I thought that although it was well worded, I think I'm still better off trusting my instincts and spending my time exploring the kind of person I am in relation to myself and through my interaction with others. Here's to believing in myself, and believing in the fact that 'given a place to stand, I can move the Earth'...borrowed from Archimedes, c.235 BCE.
.
.
.
In other news, or other areas of my life, rather, here's what my horoscope had to say for today:

"It is fundamental that you resolve something related to what you are asking for in your affective relationships, Rohin. As long as you continue to put yourself in the position of the person in need, you won't be able to reduce your fear of commitment. It may not be necessary for you to play the part of a timid person or Don Juan all your life. Think about this issue."

How about that, eh? He he he...

Oh and this is from Astrocentre...part of Yahoo! Uk and Ireland.
Post a Comment