Label Cloud

#1000 a new destiny A Training We Will Go About Me about.me Africa Alaska AmitD Baby John Foundation bandicoot Bare Minimum beach Beginner-Chef Bengaluru bike bitter gourd bitter melon bitter squash blizzardofoz blog blossom BunnyB Cats Central America Chathurthi Chennai Civilization composting connections Content Writer content writing cookery cover shot culture curry leaf Daya Death dj dogs dreamy-dreams Dubai eco-friendly ecology Eichhornia crassipes email forward English? environs Eudaimonia Europe Chicago existence extinction Facebook Fiction flora flower food foto-RK freswater fruit fruit tree Funny Business? future-simple Ganesha garden garden gardening gardening gargantuan Google+ grammatically correct guilt health holidays/festivals hopelessly romantic human condition Hyderabad identity idol India Indonesian insect int-Ro-spec-shun interesting? Internet Service Italian ival Jagannath Temple Gate JamminGlobal Jay Kannaiyan John Paul Aguiar Kanyakumari karavella karela Kenya Kerala Kodaikanal Kovalam laddu Lake Nakuru lakes large Lesser bandicoot rat Life life story lily longevity macabre Mahabalipuram Mahe Masai Mara Mentor message Mexico milestone Miscellanea mission mogs Momordica charantia Mountain Lodge movie movie reference mushroom music mutation Nairobi NaNoWriMo National Novel Writing Month nature news-related O1M online online presence Ooty Oroku Saki our world Oxyopes bimanous party pest photography Phuentsholing pink Place of worship Poetry point-and-shoot pomegranate Practice Write profile profile pic Purpose railway station Rain Lily recipe recycling relationships religion/faith RK rodent sapling search engine optimization SEO short story sign social media South America spider Sri Vilas sump Sun-Mar teaching Thalassery The Dark Side The End The Muskoka Foundation Thirupathi Thiruvananthapuram Tirupati Balaji touristy travel Tribute Trivandrum Airport Incident twisted past Twitter vegetable Vinayaka Visarjan Visual Tonality Photography waste water hyacinth water purification water treatment web content World Writing yellow Zodiac

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

It is the most simple things...

"Grandma?" asked a little child in earnest,
"What is it my dear?" came the reply.
"What will happen tomorrow if the sun doesn't rise?"
"Or if we awoke and found absolutely nobody around?"

"Or what if a great big meteor plunged into Earth,"
"And its alien inhabitants enslaved all the people?"
"Or what if there was a great big old flood,"
"And we had to evacuate to the highest steeple?"

"Or what if a freak accident, or a chemical spill,"
"Caused ants to grow big, as big as a hill?"
"Or what if the Earth's core erupted violently,"
"And we couldn't run away, or escape this calamity?"

The grandmother bent down and held the child close,
And in a tone both soft and firm a simple truth bespoke,
"Be calm my child, about these things you needn't worry."
"For when you awake, still beside you I will be."
"Leave calamities and disasters to their own devices."
"And remember, life is beautiful, this alone suffices."
"There is always tomorrow, and what yesterday had promised."
"But I have you little one, and that's all I truly need."
"So go to sleep, and dream your most glorious dream."
"For what if tomorrow, your world was just as it had seemed?"

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I would like to dedicate this to the feeling of utter serenity that a person feels at particular points in life. To call it a moment of clarity would be wrong because true or ultimate clarity comes but once in this life. Actually, I would like to dedicate it to a conversation I had with my aunt in the morning today. She was telling me about all the times that things had happened to her while she traveled to assorted destinations on God's great Earth. And some of those experiences were downright awful. I mean, I've been plagued by several instances of things going so terribly awry that all I've wanted to do was to break down and cry. And here was someone who was describing scenarios to me that would have driven me up the wall, or at least sent me to the madhouse had I gotten through them otherwise...or otherwise less intact.

And in that instant it hit me, that utter serenity that I was talking about. There's nothing to it in this life, but to just do what you love doing. So someone tries to get in your way. So what? And people are always telling you things that doesn't make them happy when it comes to you. So what? It's crazy, or maybe it's just me and the way I was feeling this morning. But I had a pleasant auto-ride to work, with a great auto driver who I conversed with rather extensively. And the rest of the day was good because I managed to get some work done, inane though it may have been. And then lunch was brief but sumptuous. Then I found myself in a meeting that was not particularly worth my while, but it was short and painless. And now here I am writing this and feeling rather good about things in general. So I had a good day overall. So what? Does it matter? Did it ever really matter in the first place?

Wow! It's a crazy feeling but at least I'm feeling it, eh? Here's wishing the rest of you had/have a great day!

Alooooha!
Post a Comment