Label Cloud

#1000 a new destiny A Training We Will Go About Me about.me Africa Alaska AmitD Baby John Foundation bandicoot Bare Minimum beach Beginner-Chef Bengaluru bike bitter gourd bitter melon bitter squash blizzardofoz blog blossom BunnyB Cats Central America Chathurthi Chennai Civilization composting connections Content Writer content writing cookery cover shot culture curry leaf Daya Death dj dogs dreamy-dreams Dubai eco-friendly ecology Eichhornia crassipes email forward English? environs Eudaimonia Europe Chicago existence extinction Facebook Fiction flora flower food foto-RK freswater fruit fruit tree Funny Business? future-simple Ganesha garden garden gardening gardening gargantuan Google+ grammatically correct guilt health holidays/festivals hopelessly romantic human condition Hyderabad identity idol India Indonesian insect int-Ro-spec-shun interesting? Internet Service Italian ival Jagannath Temple Gate JamminGlobal Jay Kannaiyan John Paul Aguiar Kanyakumari karavella karela Kenya Kerala Kodaikanal Kovalam laddu Lake Nakuru lakes large Lesser bandicoot rat Life life story lily longevity macabre Mahabalipuram Mahe Masai Mara Mentor message Mexico milestone Miscellanea mission mogs Momordica charantia Mountain Lodge movie movie reference mushroom music mutation Nairobi NaNoWriMo National Novel Writing Month nature news-related O1M online online presence Ooty Oroku Saki our world Oxyopes bimanous party pest photography Phuentsholing pink Place of worship Poetry point-and-shoot pomegranate Practice Write profile profile pic Purpose railway station Rain Lily recipe recycling relationships religion/faith RK rodent sapling search engine optimization SEO short story sign social media South America spider Sri Vilas sump Sun-Mar teaching Thalassery The Dark Side The End The Muskoka Foundation Thirupathi Thiruvananthapuram Tirupati Balaji touristy travel Tribute Trivandrum Airport Incident twisted past Twitter vegetable Vinayaka Visarjan Visual Tonality Photography waste water hyacinth water purification water treatment web content World Writing yellow Zodiac

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Time to Resolve?

With the New Year's just around the corner, it's time to get started resolving to do things, or to never do them, in the coming year and for many years to come thereafter. Yes siree, it's 2007 just around the corner, and, well, the whole 'resolution' bit seems to be something that one must naturally get into. You know, it's that whole done thing kind of mentality that seems to grip most popular trends. Here's what I resolve to do...and if you think it's going to be things like quit drinking and smoking, or remember to lift the seat before I relieve myself like a manly man, think again. About the lifting-the-seat thing, and quite fortunately, I always remember to do that ladies. Always!

Now, I didn't come here with a list of resolutions or anything, but the first one that I did happen to think about was to shut up. I resolve to shut the hell up more. Over the course of this past year, and a couple of years prior to this one, I've discovered that for a generally accepted quiet guy, as a lot of people think I am, I do tend to have a lot of gab when it matters...or at least when I think it does. A gift? No, not really. Now, I know you're probably reading this and wondering why this is so special because it's a commonly accepted fact that even silent people have their moments when words seem to gush forth from their otherwise sealed lips. But for those of you who've had the pleasure of hearing me drone on and on, and I'm not referring to times when I've tried to be funny because that's a sort of experience you'll jump out of the 10th storey window to avoid, it leaves members of the unwitting audience searching for sharp or pointy objects to do themselves some form of physical harm...resulting in death preferably. As if this wasn't bad enough, there are times when I actually believe that I'm making a point. Overall, however, I've realized that I've been offering my two cents in too many situations in my life. It's like I seem to know it all and people all around me want my say in the matter. Right, now I sound like someone wearing one of those designer, white, canvas jackets that have sleeves which are stitched to the back, eh? But the point remains, I'm going to make an effort to not open my mouth unless I really have to...it's going to take work I know, but that's the first of the resolutions.

I guess the second resolution would have to be that I don't make anymore resolutions. And let you guys miss the joy of having to read more of what I have to say? Of course not. Hey. It's not New Year's yet, in case you're wondering what happened to the first resolution. The next resolution would have to be that I make a better effort of making a better effort. I know that sounds strange, but if you've been reading along thus far then that should have been obvious already. He he...but seriously, I think there's a lot to be said for the difference between thinking that you're giving it all you've got and actually giving it all you've got.

And let me stop with that for the time being. All in all, it's been an interesting 18 months or thereabouts, with the bounteous maidens, the memories, actually a couple of them, New Year's last year, right down to the banning of all blogs and to the new job. Well, that last part about the new job isn't all that new anymore...not that it's old or anything, but I intend to write more about it soon enough.

I guess looking back on it all, I'd have to say that some of it seems like it just happened yesterday, while the other bits seem to have vanished into thin air...lost forever. But here's to doing it all again in 2007! I'd like to wish you a Happy New Year and all the wellness, goodness and prosperity that goes along with it. Have fun!!!
Post a Comment