Label Cloud

#1000 a new destiny A Training We Will Go About Me about.me Africa Alaska AmitD Baby John Foundation bandicoot Bare Minimum beach Beginner-Chef Bengaluru bike bitter gourd bitter melon bitter squash blizzardofoz blog blossom BunnyB Cats Central America Chathurthi Chennai Civilization composting connections Content Writer content writing cookery cover shot culture curry leaf Daya Death dj dogs dreamy-dreams Dubai eco-friendly ecology Eichhornia crassipes email forward English? environs Eudaimonia Europe Chicago existence extinction Facebook Fiction flora flower food foto-RK freswater fruit fruit tree Funny Business? future-simple Ganesha garden garden gardening gardening gargantuan Google+ grammatically correct guilt health holidays/festivals hopelessly romantic human condition Hyderabad identity idol India Indonesian insect int-Ro-spec-shun interesting? Internet Service Italian ival Jagannath Temple Gate JamminGlobal Jay Kannaiyan John Paul Aguiar Kanyakumari karavella karela Kenya Kerala Kodaikanal Kovalam laddu Lake Nakuru lakes large Lesser bandicoot rat Life life story lily longevity macabre Mahabalipuram Mahe Masai Mara Mentor message Mexico milestone Miscellanea mission mogs Momordica charantia Mountain Lodge movie movie reference mushroom music mutation Nairobi NaNoWriMo National Novel Writing Month nature news-related O1M online online presence Ooty Oroku Saki our world Oxyopes bimanous party pest photography Phuentsholing pink Place of worship Poetry point-and-shoot pomegranate Practice Write profile profile pic Purpose railway station Rain Lily recipe recycling relationships religion/faith RK rodent sapling search engine optimization SEO short story sign social media South America spider Sri Vilas sump Sun-Mar teaching Thalassery The Dark Side The End The Muskoka Foundation Thirupathi Thiruvananthapuram Tirupati Balaji touristy travel Tribute Trivandrum Airport Incident twisted past Twitter vegetable Vinayaka Visarjan Visual Tonality Photography waste water hyacinth water purification water treatment web content World Writing yellow Zodiac

Friday, June 29, 2007

Hair-raising?

Two weeks ago, this Malayalee decided that he wanted to do something different. As it turned out, he had had a not-so-pleasant weekend. It was the same old story of how life seems to be bright and sunshiny one day, or for many days in a row, and then all of a sudden the weather changes and a storm breaks out. Oh well, it's back to the whole "some days you're the bird and some days you're the statue" thing. And more philosophy will follow this post, so don't worry...not that you were, but you could have been.


But back to this doing something different thing that I talked about. Yes, so, there I was. I had just returned to Hyderabad after a weekend and a bit in Chennai. Well, my previous post is a description of the flight back...another pathetic attempt at self-publicity.

Anyway, there I was thinking about things, like I always do, and I thought I'd do something to mark a new beginning of sorts. I have to say that I was kind of shattered by the events that transpired during my trip to Chennai, but I think I managed to deal with them alright. I wanted to do something that would remind me of my promise to carry on no matter what. I believe I had a mission to fulfill something, and I wanted to be able to mark it both to myself and to the world around me. So, I guess I went with what I thought was the best option. Now, after you see this picture, you might, and are most welcome to, smack your forehead and go, "And that's the best he could come up with?" But, you haven't seen the picture yet...

It smiles...but what is it?
Well, as usual, there seems to be a certain amount of lecherousness in the expression. So, I thought I'd take another picture, one that was worthy of this blog...a picture that would have people sit up proudly and say, "I know that guy. He's a good friend of mine!"

Aaaarrrggghh! Get that thing away from me!!!
Alright, so what went wrong with this picture? I'd like to say "everything". And at least it's not like the last time I did something like this... But, that's not saying too much either. No. We seem to have gone straight from here's-a-looking-at-you-kid to how-the-hell-did-that-get-out-of-its-cage. And yes, the teeth are crooked. No, I wasn't drunk. And what was I thinking? Well, isn't it obvious that I wasn't?

Perhaps I can save this post with a bit of a philosophical twist. Here goes... In my life, thus far, I have come to realize that the world is only a figment of one's imagination. And all the joys and sorrows that you believe you experience are not at all what they seem. We have been so conditioned to identifying ways in which things around us should be, that we forgot the transitory yet infinite beauty of this life that we live. So, two weekends ago, I seemed to have been haunted by the myriad of thoughts and dichotomous, whispering voices in my head. But that's precisely it. It is all in my head. And I have to remind myself of this so many times a day... Why? Because if I don't, I happen to think that the world is against me...that God almighty has forsaken me...that the world has no place for an unfortunate soul like myself. But nothing could be further from the truth. It's just about living one day at a time, and enjoying the journey. Take some time to smell the roses. Or, see if the occasional full-tonsure will help you settle the gobbledygook that forms the grey matter inside of your head.

A hair-raising experience? Only if you happened to see these pictures on a perfectly good day...and are now scarred for life, wishing you had never come here, to this blog, ever in your life. For me? Well, I'd have to say it's been a hair-razing experience that seems to help me deal with all that I am not. I am not my hair, and I am not what I see in the mirror every time I look. I am what is all inside of my head. "This is my world. And I am world leader pretend." - R.E.M.
Post a Comment