Label Cloud

#1000 a new destiny A Training We Will Go About Me about.me Africa Alaska AmitD Baby John Foundation bandicoot Bare Minimum beach Beginner-Chef Bengaluru bike bitter gourd bitter melon bitter squash blizzardofoz blog blossom BunnyB Cats Central America Chathurthi Chennai Civilization composting connections Content Writer content writing cookery cover shot culture curry leaf Daya Death dj dogs dreamy-dreams Dubai eco-friendly ecology Eichhornia crassipes email forward English? environs Eudaimonia Europe Chicago existence extinction Facebook Fiction flora flower food foto-RK freswater fruit fruit tree Funny Business? future-simple Ganesha garden garden gardening gardening gargantuan Google+ grammatically correct guilt health holidays/festivals hopelessly romantic human condition Hyderabad identity idol India Indonesian insect int-Ro-spec-shun interesting? Internet Service Italian ival Jagannath Temple Gate JamminGlobal Jay Kannaiyan John Paul Aguiar Kanyakumari karavella karela Kenya Kerala Kodaikanal Kovalam laddu Lake Nakuru lakes large Lesser bandicoot rat Life life story lily longevity macabre Mahabalipuram Mahe Masai Mara Mentor message Mexico milestone Miscellanea mission mogs Momordica charantia Mountain Lodge movie movie reference mushroom music mutation Nairobi NaNoWriMo National Novel Writing Month nature news-related O1M online online presence Ooty Oroku Saki our world Oxyopes bimanous party pest photography Phuentsholing pink Place of worship Poetry point-and-shoot pomegranate Practice Write profile profile pic Purpose railway station Rain Lily recipe recycling relationships religion/faith RK rodent sapling search engine optimization SEO short story sign social media South America spider Sri Vilas sump Sun-Mar teaching Thalassery The Dark Side The End The Muskoka Foundation Thirupathi Thiruvananthapuram Tirupati Balaji touristy travel Tribute Trivandrum Airport Incident twisted past Twitter vegetable Vinayaka Visarjan Visual Tonality Photography waste water hyacinth water purification water treatment web content World Writing yellow Zodiac

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Heart of stone


Sometimes I hurt myself. Sometimes, I don't.
Sometimes I feel my pain because it's all mine.
But people say I'm so cold.
And I can't figure out why they would ever say that.

I feel a lot of pain. I swear.
Now you don't believe me?
And I'm supposed to be the heartless one?
Who are you to judge me?
How dare you make designs on who I am.

I know I'm unfair. But how fair is this?
Ripped to shreds for being my way.
Thanklessly shunted from one day to the next.
Jumping through flaming hoops. Walking that extra mile, barefoot.
For who? For me, and my cold, dark soul?

No hope for the living.
No prayer for the dying.
Neither here, nor there, trying to please everyone.
Not knowing how impossible my purpose.
The harder the endeavor, the more likely I am to fail.

Doomed to fail? Then this is my success.
I need to live, not caring for your comment.
I need to be me, not to be liked, but to get through my days.
My time is mine alone, so forgive me.
My lack of consideration is my gracious reply.

Once soft and porous, I crumbled in your iron fist.
Now hardened and made smooth by time's currents,
I stand resurrected.
This is my life, my time, my whim and fancy.
I needn't prove my worth or ambition to anyone or you.

With a heart of stone,
I turn my back on you and your kind.
Your ideals are my poison, and readily I rid my life of them.
I am a rock, a stone that isn't easily transformed.
My lifeless soul is none of your business, so stand aside and leave me be.
My soulless life is mine and mine alone.

This is me!

Post a Comment