Label Cloud

#1000 a new destiny A Training We Will Go About Me about.me Africa Alaska AmitD Baby John Foundation bandicoot Bare Minimum beach Beginner-Chef Bengaluru bike bitter gourd bitter melon bitter squash blizzardofoz blog blossom BunnyB Cats Central America Chathurthi Chennai Civilization composting connections Content Writer content writing cookery cover shot culture curry leaf Daya Death dj dogs dreamy-dreams Dubai eco-friendly ecology Eichhornia crassipes email forward English? environs Eudaimonia Europe Chicago existence extinction Facebook Fiction flora flower food foto-RK freswater fruit fruit tree Funny Business? future-simple Ganesha garden garden gardening gardening gargantuan Google+ grammatically correct guilt health holidays/festivals hopelessly romantic human condition Hyderabad identity idol India Indonesian insect int-Ro-spec-shun interesting? Internet Service Italian ival Jagannath Temple Gate JamminGlobal Jay Kannaiyan John Paul Aguiar Kanyakumari karavella karela Kenya Kerala Kodaikanal Kovalam laddu Lake Nakuru lakes large Lesser bandicoot rat Life life story lily longevity macabre Mahabalipuram Mahe Masai Mara Mentor message Mexico milestone Miscellanea mission mogs Momordica charantia Mountain Lodge movie movie reference mushroom music mutation Nairobi NaNoWriMo National Novel Writing Month nature news-related O1M online online presence Ooty our world Oxyopes bimanous party pest photography Phuentsholing pink Place of worship Poetry point-and-shoot pomegranate Practice Write profile profile pic Purpose railway station Rain Lily recipe recycling relationships religion/faith RK rodent sapling search engine optimization SEO short story sign social media South America spider Sri Vilas sump Sun-Mar teaching Thalassery The Dark Side The End The Muskoka Foundation Thirupathi Thiruvananthapuram Tirupati Balaji touristy travel Tribute Trivandrum Airport Incident twisted past Twitter vegetable Vinayaka Visarjan Visual Tonality Photography waste water hyacinth water purification water treatment web content World Writing yellow Zodiac

Sunday, December 28, 2008

I resolve to not make any resolutions


Looking back at a post from two years ago, I find myself returning to the same frame of mind and the same kind of thinking. Alright, that was redundant, but so is this post that I just referred to. In it, I resolved to shut up more, give things my all, and to not make any resolutions. Looking back, I'd have to say one out of three ain't bad, eh?

And what do I promise to do in 2009? Well, no resolutions and all that, but I need to get my life back on track. There were lots of things that I thought I had going for me early on in 2008, but then I ended up forcing a change that I thought was best for all concerned, and my life swan-dived into nothingness. Rather gracefully too, if I must say so myself.

Now, attempting to pick up the pieces so that I can salvage whatever is left from this descent into personal and professional oblivion, I'm on the must-make-things-happen path to recovery. But even that's never proved to be anywhere near enough. So, I'm just going to have to keep it simple, and use small words when I write down my goals, just so I don't confuse myself.

Having said that, I can't help but think that I've been living my life in circles. In fact, the last four years of my life have been round-and-round-the-merry-go-round. A sad case of everything ventured, nothing gained. Ouch! Well, here's to doing something about the sorry state of existence that I call "my life," in 2009.

Wait. Did I just make a resolution? Dammit! Well, like I said, nothing's changed in the last almost-half decade. Let's hope I can salvage some pride and courage in the next couple of days and make it an unforgettable two-oh-oh-nine.
Post a Comment