Label Cloud

#1000 a new destiny A Training We Will Go About Me about.me Africa Alaska AmitD Baby John Foundation bandicoot Bare Minimum beach Beginner-Chef Bengaluru bike bitter gourd bitter melon bitter squash blizzardofoz blog blossom BunnyB Cats Central America Chathurthi Chennai Civilization composting connections Content Writer content writing cookery cover shot culture curry leaf Daya Death dj dogs dreamy-dreams Dubai eco-friendly ecology Eichhornia crassipes email forward English? environs Eudaimonia Europe Chicago existence extinction Facebook Fiction flora flower food foto-RK freswater fruit fruit tree Funny Business? future-simple Ganesha garden garden gardening gardening gargantuan Google+ grammatically correct guilt health holidays/festivals hopelessly romantic human condition Hyderabad identity idol India Indonesian insect int-Ro-spec-shun interesting? Internet Service Italian ival Jagannath Temple Gate JamminGlobal Jay Kannaiyan John Paul Aguiar Kanyakumari karavella karela Kenya Kerala Kodaikanal Kovalam laddu Lake Nakuru lakes large Lesser bandicoot rat Life life story lily longevity macabre Mahabalipuram Mahe Masai Mara Mentor message Mexico milestone Miscellanea mission mogs Momordica charantia Mountain Lodge movie movie reference mushroom music mutation Nairobi NaNoWriMo National Novel Writing Month nature news-related O1M online online presence Ooty our world Oxyopes bimanous party pest photography Phuentsholing pink Place of worship Poetry point-and-shoot pomegranate Practice Write profile profile pic Purpose railway station Rain Lily recipe recycling relationships religion/faith RK rodent sapling search engine optimization SEO short story sign social media South America spider Sri Vilas sump Sun-Mar teaching Thalassery The Dark Side The End The Muskoka Foundation Thirupathi Thiruvananthapuram Tirupati Balaji touristy travel Tribute Trivandrum Airport Incident twisted past Twitter vegetable Vinayaka Visarjan Visual Tonality Photography waste water hyacinth water purification water treatment web content World Writing yellow Zodiac

Monday, January 12, 2009

Tribute to The Family Guy



The Family Guy was a show I was introduced to during the time I was in college in Hawaii. My first reaction was, "Oh my God! It's like the Simpsons but much more racy." Alright, I probably didn't think the words "much more racy" at the time. It was more like "as close to the edge as possible" or pushing-the-envelope-for-all-it-was-worth kind of funny.

The first episode I watched, I was a little shocked in the first couple of minutes, but then I remember being in pain as I grabbed my aching sides...because I was laughing so hard, of course. My favorite character on the show is Stewie Griffin who I've paid tribute to on this blog already. Well, I do also like Brian's character, and it seems to me that both of these characters share a quirky camaraderie.

The thing I like most about The Family Guy is the fact that it takes funny to the verge of the absurd. The manner in which it deals with its subject matter is so politically incorrect that you can only wonder about how they make it onto our TV screens. All of this wondering while you're dying of laughter, of course. In fact, almost as soon as I was first introduced to this show, it was taken off the air. Twice! How's that for so-controversial-you-have-to-see-what-it's-about.

Much like Dan Castellaneta from The Simpsons, who does several voices on the show, Seth MacFarlane does all the male voices of the members of the family, as well as creating and being Executive Producer for the show. I said it on the Simpsons post, but I'll say it again...Now THAT's talent!

There's a movie titled "Family Guy Presents Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story" which is worth a look-see. I know I didn't make it sound all that exciting, and I apologize. I remember it being hilarious, but I watched it a long time ago so I can't recall all, or any, of the funnies. All in all, a great show that you have to get your hands on if you haven't already.
Post a Comment