Label Cloud

#1000 a new destiny A Training We Will Go About Me about.me Africa Alaska AmitD Baby John Foundation bandicoot Bare Minimum beach Beginner-Chef Bengaluru bike bitter gourd bitter melon bitter squash blizzardofoz blog blossom BunnyB Cats Central America Chathurthi Chennai Civilization composting connections Content Writer content writing cookery cover shot culture curry leaf Daya Death dj dogs dreamy-dreams Dubai eco-friendly ecology Eichhornia crassipes email forward English? environs Eudaimonia Europe Chicago existence extinction Facebook Fiction flora flower food foto-RK freswater fruit fruit tree Funny Business? future-simple Ganesha garden garden gardening gardening gargantuan Google+ grammatically correct guilt health holidays/festivals hopelessly romantic human condition Hyderabad identity idol India Indonesian insect int-Ro-spec-shun interesting? Internet Service Italian ival Jagannath Temple Gate JamminGlobal Jay Kannaiyan John Paul Aguiar Kanyakumari karavella karela Kenya Kerala Kodaikanal Kovalam laddu Lake Nakuru lakes large Lesser bandicoot rat Life life story lily longevity macabre Mahabalipuram Mahe Masai Mara Mentor message Mexico milestone Miscellanea mission mogs Momordica charantia Mountain Lodge movie movie reference mushroom music mutation Nairobi NaNoWriMo National Novel Writing Month nature news-related O1M online online presence Ooty our world Oxyopes bimanous party pest photography Phuentsholing pink Place of worship Poetry point-and-shoot pomegranate Practice Write profile profile pic Purpose railway station Rain Lily recipe recycling relationships religion/faith RK rodent sapling search engine optimization SEO short story sign social media South America spider Sri Vilas sump Sun-Mar teaching Thalassery The Dark Side The End The Muskoka Foundation Thirupathi Thiruvananthapuram Tirupati Balaji touristy travel Tribute Trivandrum Airport Incident twisted past Twitter vegetable Vinayaka Visarjan Visual Tonality Photography waste water hyacinth water purification water treatment web content World Writing yellow Zodiac

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Keeping an eye on the storm


This is quite a picture if I ever saw one. As is commonly the case, I thought it somehow reflected the splendorous tempest that seems to be the state of my life at the moment. Actually, well, I don't think this was by chance; the fact that I seem to be making the effort to bring things to a head is more than evident to me right now. Having to ask myself why I would do this, I'd have to immediately answer with shrugged shoulders and upturned palms in a most innocent display of "I don't know." But that's only the half of it.

On the other hand, there is the whole I'm still learning and re-learning some of the boundaries of my existence, in terms of what kind of person I can be. I want to know how far I'll go in trying to prove my point, and if ultimately, I will really put something as important as my life on the line to make my point. Maybe that's it. That's my ultimate purpose, perhaps. But, maybe not. We shall see.

Right now though, it feels like elements of my life are coming together like large coulds, and the sheer static that they contain will create a bolt of lightning so bright and deadly that it will shatter my world. Suprisingly though, I don't expect any thunder. No, the storm is the silent assassin that I've been weathering for years. In tandem, however, I stand little chance of surviving. But here I am. In the rain. Staring this twister in the face. Holding a large lightning rod with both my hands. Hoping that this final, brilliant flash will wake me up from this eternity of self-imposed confusion and mental anxiety. I'm better than this.

I dare any storm to knock me down.

Knock me down, but you'll never knock me out!
Post a Comment